Welcome to Askrigg Studios
Beech House, Askrigg - opposite the Crown Inn
Paintings, Prints, Books and Greetings Cards
We welcome you into our home to view our traditional and contemporary paintings, prints, books and greetings cards. We are open most Wednesdays between Easter and the beginning of January, but please ring to check if making a special journey.
Between January and Easter you may view our paintings and prints by giving us a ring to arrange a time: 01969 650266 (+44 1969 650 266 from outside the UK).
Judith Bromley and Robert Nicholls
- Well established artists, having exhibited nationally and locally for over 40 years, now invite you to view their traditional and contemporary work in the setting of their own home.
- A wide range of products and prices: greetings cards from £2.00, books £20, prints from £25 - £130, originals from £100 - £3,000.
- Paintings by these artists were featured in the following publications: The Yorkshire Dales – a view from the Millennium– a celebration of the Dales in words and pictures; Painters of the Dales; and The Yorkshire Dales – a 50th anniversary celebration of the National Park
- For 25 years their popular annual exhibition in Askrigg, and latterly in the Dales Countryside Museum, attracted locals and visitors alike
- Step into the Meadow, a study of a year in a Dales haymeadow, with words and pictures by Judith Bromley, was published in 1996 to celebrate the 50th birthday of Yorkshire Wildlife Trust. Come Down to the Wood was published in 2003 and has words and pictures by Judith Bromley with additional pictures by Robert Nicholls. Both the meadow book and the woodland book are now sold out but you may be luck and find one on the internet!
- Their third book: Climb up to the Moor [please click to view] is now available. Signed giclée prints from most of the illustrations are available at Beech House.
- Climb up to the Moor - the exhibition [please click for details] toured the country from 2012 t0 2015 to highlight the importance of moorland and peat bogs.